September Bullet Journal Setup - Clouds Theme (Free Printable!)
HAY, how art you? Here is my September bullet journal setup inspired by soft, fluffy clouds. Going outside for a walk and gazing at the clouds always leaves me refreshed and calm. Do you feel the same way? To accompany this theme, I designed a free journaling printable titled Cloudy Days and used some of the elements in this setup. You can find the download link at the end of this article. Keep scrolling to see more of my September bullet journal setup!
September Plan With Me Video
Check out the following video to watch the setup process and plan with me!
Bullet Journal Supplies
Here is a list of supplies I used for the setup this month:
- Textured cream & brown papers
- Vellum paper
- Neutral colours washi tapes Alphabet stamp set
- Number stamp set
- Versamagic gingerbread ink pad
- Suatelier dot stickers
- Sakura pigma micron pen sepia
- Sakura pigma micron pen black
- Zebra mildliner (mild beige)
- Tombow dual brush pen 899 Pentel brush sign pen in pale brown
- Tombow pit air adhesive tape
You can use my affiliate codes to purchase stationery at the following stores:
- Use HAYSTUDIO for 18% off at Stationery Pal
- Use haystudio15 for 15% off at Paperwrld
September Bullet Journal Cover Page
The highlight of the cover page is a pop-up paper rainbow which I made using vellum paper and washi tapes. It is super easy to make! You can watch the setup video for a demonstration. Here are the steps:
- Take a piece of thin paper. I chose vellum paper since it is thin and yet it does not tear easily. The length and width of the paper depends on how big you want your rainbow to be, so I would recommend that you experiment with a piece of scrap paper first before making the actual rainbow.
- Next, layer several strips of washi tapes across the paper. I used five tapes of varying shades of beige and brown. The sequence of the colours goes like this: 1 2 3 4 5 4 3 2 1. By following this sequence, the colours will look symmetrical when folded!
- Then, fold the paper accordion-style (the shorter side of the paper). Continue until it’s all folded.
- Open the paper again and fold it along the halfway mark of the paper’s width.
- Next, fold the paper back into the accordion shape and fold it into half. Secure one end to form a rainbow. You can use glue, tape or even a stapler.
- Paste the rainbow inside your journal. Make sure to align its centre to the centre of the two pages. This ensures that the journal can still be closed properly after the rainbow is attached.
September Bullet Journal Weekly Spread 1
The first weekly spread for September features a simple horizontal layout with centre panels. Since the centre of the page is slightly bulky due to the paper rainbow, I used the sides of the pages for writing instead. It matches the cover page as I used the same book pages and textured papers to decorate the panels at the centre. For the daily sections, I used washi tapes to segregate the sections and Suatelier’s days of the week dot stickers for a quick header fix.
September Bullet Journal Weekly Spread 2
I used one of my favourite layouts for the second September weekly spread. Using elements from some of my free printables, I created a few mini collages around the pages while leaving sufficient writing space for each day of the week. This layout is easy to make as it doesn’t require a ruler or grid-counting. I wrote the headers using a Tombow dual brush pen in 899, and added light shadows using the pen tip of a Zebra mildliner in mild beige.
Free Journaling Printable – Cloudy Days
This month’s free printable is titled Cloudy Days. I haven’t used such a pastel and light colour palette before and it is refreshing for a change. Hope you will enjoy this set! Feel free to tag me on Instagram (@hay.studio) if you share any of your creations that contain my free printables.
To download this free journal kit, click here!
More Bullet Journal Ideas
Subscribe to my YouTube channel for more bullet journal setups! Check out these videos for my setup for the previous months:
If you enjoyed this article, share the love with your bujo pals! To stay updated on future blog posts, subscribe here.
Related articles, videos and resources:
Disclaimer: Some of the links above are affiliate links, meaning I earn a small percentage of commission via those links, but it doesn’t cost you anything extra!